Because the SphereWiki is maintained by the Sphere community and not by the Sphere developers (they may drop in from time to time, but are under no obligation to do so), we welcome all the help that we can get to improve the site.
All you need to do to contribute is create an account and away you go! An "Edit" tab will appear at the top of every page once you're logged in, and you'll be able to edit any and every page to your heart's content.
Some ideas for contributing could be, but not necessarily limited to:
- Correcting mistakes in existing pages.
- Writing Sphere or UO related article(s).
- Updating the Reference Compendium, since it quickly becomes out of date at each Sphere release.
Regardless of what kind of contribution you make, please try to bear in mind the following guidelines:
- Ensure your information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Write as clearly as possible - remember that not everybody is fully fluent in English so use real, complete words. Shortened words, phonetic spelling and "internet speak" (e.g. "u", "rec", "w8") won't be easily translated.
- Other people may not appreciate you editing their hard work. If you want to make substantial modifications to someone's article then you may want to consider speaking with them first.
If you want to contribute but aren't sure of what to do, here are some ideas:
- Check the list of wanted pages. These are pages that have not yet been written yet but people have linked to in other articles.
- Check the list of wanted categories. These are categories that have not yet been written yet but people have linked to in other articles.
If you're not familiar with editing pages using the wiki language then you can find help in the Editing help page. The Editing help page also documents any custom wiki markup tags for SphereWiki so even familiar users may want to quickly check it out.