Starting with SphereServer
Setup of Sphere
- Chapter 1 (Numbers, DEFNAME, ITEMDEF, CHARDEF)
- Chapter 2 (Sphere files explained)
- Chapter 3 (Scripting NPC's and items, Cool commands)
- Chapter 4 (Objects, operators, speech)
- Chapter 5 (Tags, Vars, Locals, Functions)
- Chapter 6 (LINKs, TIMERs, TARGETs)
- Chapter 7 (Loops and powerful functions)
- Chapter 8 (SKILLMENUs, MENUs, Gumps)
- Chapter 9 (Events)
- Chapter 10 (String Handling)
- Common Mistakes Explained (A revision of Maximus's tutorial on the forums, and continuation of Taran's Misconceptions tutorial)
- Internet and Sphere (And how to make the right use of them)
- Languages Tutorial (How to script your own language system)
- Making your own Skills (How to make and customize your skill)
- Nazghul's Mul Patching Tutorial external link (A document about mul patching and customizing your server)
- Overriding Hardcoded Commands (How to override hardcoded commands and functions)
- Scheduled Reboot (How to schedule system reboots)
- Using MySQL (How to use MySQL)
- Bitwise Operations (How to work with FLAGS/ATTR)
- Script Debugging (How to fix your scripts)
- SphereServer Official Github
- Download Nightly Builds (Plus! Extra downloads, like tools and scripts!)
- SphereX Changelog | 56d Changelog
- Join us at Discord (We will solve most of your doubts over there)
Sphere 3rd Party Tools
- Axis II - GM Tool for Sphere that will allow you to place objects in-game, spawns, traveling and many other useful functions for shard admins and GMs.
- vSCP - vSCP is the most complete and up-to-date syntax editor for sphere scripting. It does contain syntax highlighting, autocomplete, folding markers to specify blocks of code that can expand or collapse, bookmarks, autoindent, find/replace/gotoline, help guide for all the sphere elements added to your code, and more!
- vServerLauncher - Install and run the latest build of sphereserver in a few clicks with vServerLauncher. It's pretty quick and simple!
- SphereService - Relaunch SphereSvr.exe everytime it closes/crashes. Automatically runs at windows startup and works in a silent mode minimized to Tray.
- vCrypter - Type the client version and the tool will calculate the correct UO login keys for classic or enhanced clients.
- Armor Calculation
- Client Changes
- Common Scripting Misconceptions
- Custom Object Properties
- Error Codes
- Experience System
- How Combat Works
- Occam's Razor
- Optimization Theory
- Override TAGs
- Revisions Changelog
- Skill Gain Theory
- The Process of Scripting
- Building Component Reference
Special thanks to:
XuN, Nolok, Ben, and Drk, for their hard work on the X branch taking Sphere into the next decade.
Ben, Cloud_Br, Ellessar, Jdog, Lord Zerofiz, Mordaunt, Nazghul-ll, RanXerox, Rattlehead, Sandman, Sharlenwar, ShiryuX, thelegbra, Maximus, WarAngel and Valios, for helping to add content.
Daleth, for writing the Sphere Reference Project, and Mordaunt for converting it to .chm format.
Tracker, for writing the Sphere 56 Tracking Changes in Sphereserver.net
Taran, for writing the original and now famous Sphere Scripting for Dummies tutorials, and MrSugarCube for bringing it up-to-date directly from source.
Ben, Khaos, Ranxerox, Shiryux, Furio, Radiant, Vjaka, Nazghul-ll, Ellessar, Torfo, Shadow Dragon, MrSugarCube and coruja747 for continuing to develop Sphere into a powerful and very customizable Ultima Online emulator.
Crius, for providing hosting for the original SphereWiki, and Torfo for providing the current hosting.
- Useful Links (An ongoing list of useful links for community members)
- Official SphereServer Website
- Nightly builds
- Nightly builds - OUTDATED, use the link above
- Sphere Community Pack 2.0
- Jerrith's UO Packet Guide
- Wyatt&Kons's UOKR Packet Guide